In-Situ Bioremediation Remediation Systems
iSOC®, in situ Submerged Oxygen Curtain, is an oxygen delivery technology that, when suspended in existing monitoring wells, infuses high levels of oxygen into groundwater. The proprietary structured polymer used in iSOC® contains hydrophobic microporous hollow fiber. These fibers provide approximately 7,000 square feet of interface area per cubic feet of fiber for the mass transfer of oxygen into groundwater.
Also ideal for co-metabolic treatment (with alkane gases).
HiSOC® is based on the robust design of iSOC® and possesses its low O&M and capital cost structure. HiSOC® is designed with specialized fittings to deliver Hydrogen gas for reductive dechlorination of chlorinated aliphatic hydrocarbons, denitrification of nitrate and reduction of perchlorate in groundwater. The HiSOC® fits in 2-inch wells or existing monitoring wells to infuse hydrogen gas directly into the groundwater.
Most conventional technologies, however, waste most of their oxygen because the bubbles rise to the top of the groundwater table and escape before they have a chance to dissolve or to be utilized by naturally occurring hydrocarbon degraders.
- Vinyl Chloride
- 1,4 Dioxane
Features and Benefits
- Delivers 40-200 PPM DO depending on groundwater characteristics and iSOC® depth;
- Uses existing 2-inch monitoring wells for installation;
- Connects to standard oxygen cylinder;
- No power, off-gases, pumps, hazardous by-products, or permit; and
- Small, simple, efficient, predictable, easy to use, and very low maintenance.
- Use to treat source, polish off sites or to stop off-site migration;
- Will infuse any gas (oxygen, propane, methane, hydrogen and ethane); and
- Can be used for cometabolic treatment (with alkane gases).
- No moving parts and no electricity; and
- Easily moved to a new injection point or new site.
- Annual cost of oxygen for 3- iSOC®s is less than £250.00 a year;
- Lowest annual O & M of any competitive technology;
- True pay-for-performance technology for cleaning up sites; and
- Installs in a few hours and is extremely easy to use.