Self-cleaning microfiber water filters for treatment as fine as 2 microns (DWI approved).
- Up to 320m3/hr
- 20 – 2 micron filtration
- 0.5 bar minimum operation pressure
- TSS, NTU & SDI reduction for potable & wastewater applications
- Effective removal of Cryptosporidium & Giardia Cysts
- Pre-filtration for R.O desalination & other sub micron systems
- Provides complete water treatment & filtration solutions for municipalities
Amiad’s AMF² Series are self-cleaning microfiber water filters for treatments down to 2 micron.
These filtration degrees are recognised by the water industry as sufficient for Crytosporidium and Giardia removal.
The water is filtered as it moves through multi-layered microfiber cassettes; the cassettes are attached to a collector pipe, which flows to the filter outlet. Dirt particles accumulate on and between the microfibres.
Automatic cleaning is initiated by pressure differential or lapsed time. During cleaning the filter is taken off line and drained. A moving set of water jet nozzles travels back and forth spraying a single row of cassettes clean each time it passes. When one set has been passed, the collector pipe rotates, indexing the next row of cassettes into line with the cleaning head. Once all 35 rows of cassettes have been cleaned, the vessel refills, rinses to waste and then returns back to on-line status.
3 models are available, for 30, 50 and 320 m3/hr flows.